An Open Letter To Tahoe

December 7, 2015

Dear Tahoe,

The past 6 months have been the happiest and most satisfying of my entire life. They have made me feel butterflies in my stomach, and washed the gray skies away. I wasn’t sure about you at first,because ex-race horses don’t exactly have the best record. I was not looking forward to that lesson, and I was not happy to be riding out of my comfort zone. I wanted nothing to do with you, like a little kid with broccoli. I was tempted to ask for the same horse I always rode, but I knew I needed a change, and I’m so glad I didn’t. The first time I got on your back, I knew I was completely wrong. Riding you is like flying through the cool wind on a soft cloud. Six months ago, I met you, and that was the best day of my life.

I cannot imagine myself without becoming your acquaintance, and I’m very thankful I did. You make me like superwoman, invincible and strong! We have our good days and our bad days, but in the end we always work extremely well together as a hardworking team. You have changed me I’m so many ways. I’ve become a stronger, more confident rider, and a better person. With you, I feel like I can change the world. I love you so much and I always seem to be amazed by you. You put a smile on my face, and I’m so excited to see how far we’ll go!

Love,

Angelina Rabena                 

6 thoughts on “An Open Letter To Tahoe